Mother Nature doesn't always play nice. Imagine being able to stay warm, dry and comfortable when conditions are less than optimal. By taking high quality 1000 fill power down and sheltering it with a weather resistant/breathable material, we can keep you drier than an average down garment. And more importantly, it keeps your down drier too. After all, it's those lofty 1000 fill power down plumes that are keeping you warm. Although this kind of construction may immediately inspire ideas of tackling epic days in blasting frigid conditions, the Ignis is more suited for cool to cold conditions when moisture could potentially cause problems. We see it as the perfect puffy to take just about anywhere.
By combining GORE-TEX Infinium Windstopper fabrics we have created an extremely versatile and weather proof jacket that excels in nearly all conditions. Seam lines are not sealed so this jacket is not completely waterproof. The Ignis Down Parka received the Backpacker Magazine Editors' Choice Snow 2019.
Montbell's premium EX DOWN comes from water fowl that live in regions with seasonal temperature extremes. The down balls from birds in such regions are characteristically much larger. Large down balls hold more warm air, which translates to needing less down to provide exceptional warmth retention. Montbell never purchases down from operations that practice “live-plucking” methods. We only utilize down plumes and feathers collected as a by-product of water fowl raised to meet the demands of the food industry.
- Finest 1000 Fill Power EX Down provides an extreme warmth-to-weight ratio.
- Unique "skip-stitch" quilting pattern reduces cold spots and minimizes heat loss.
- Sewn through construction keeps down insulation in place while lightening the weight.
- Downproofing helps keep down from escaping through the face fabric.
- 2-Way adjustable hood offers a close-fit and visibility.
- Zip End Guard protects your chin and face.
- Weather resistant Aqua-Tect zipper keeps out water in a lightweight form.
- Adjustable alpine cuff helps keep wind and snow out.
- Pocket hem adjuster allows for cinching the hem while helping keep out chill air.
- 5 pockets (2 zippered hand pockets, 1 zippered chest pocket, 2 internal drop-in pockets).
- Stuff sack included.
- Outer: 13-denier Ballistic Nylon Ripstop (DWR finish).
- Membrane: GORE-TEX Infinium Windstopper.
- Lining: 7-denier Nylon Taffeta.
- Insulation: Montbell 1000 Fill Power EX Down.
- Compressed size: 13 x 13 x 21 cm.
- Fill weight: 60 g Centre back length: 71 cm.
- Weight: 300 g
- Hand wash / Cold.
- Do not bleach.
- Tumble dry / Normal / Low heat.
- Lay out horizontally for drying / Dry away from direct sunlight.
- Iron / Low.
- Dry clean / Petroleum solvent only.
- Wet cleaning / Mild process Use down specific detergent.
- Gentle cycle wash with cold water and hang it to dry.
- If you wish to use a dryer, please tumble dry with low heatpatting the item will help restore loft to the down.
- Washing only at the end of season should be enough Do not wash frequently, it may cause fabric damage.
Is your site secure?
We take security seriously. We not only have the latest in security Certificates from InstantSSL in the USA but use the latest encryptions for all credit card transactions.
Do you distribute my name and address to any 3rd Party?
Do you accept Credit cards for Australian orders?
Yes. We accept credit cards via the Paypal portal. You do not have to have a Paypal account to use this facility.
What payment do you accept for international orders?
All international orders are paid using PayPal.
What are your freight and handling charges?
Orders under $250.00 AUD to Australian addresses will be charged $9.99 shipping and handling and shipping to New Zealand addresses is $20.00. For orders over $250.00 AUD, shipping is free. Australian Express shipping is available for $15.00 AUD at checkout.
Over sized items may incur an additional charge at checkout.
What is your Return/Exchange Policy?
If you have made an incorrect choice Montbell will exchange or refund regular priced items with proof of purchase within 14 days of the tracked delivery date provided your item(s) are unused, unworn and undamaged and include all original tags, labels and packaging. If the product is not returned within the 14 days there is a 30 day exchange or store credit policy. Any return for reasons of change of mind or size change will be conducted at the customer's expense.
In the unlikely event that you receive an item in your order that is not what you ordered or is faulty please reach out to our customer service team through the online chat, store phone number or visiting us in store and we can facilitate a return.
Can I return my online purchase at one of the stores?
Yes, with proof of purchase, we will gladly exchange, repair or credit any purchase made online at any of our Australian stores within 14 days of purchase.
What if I have lost my receipt?
It is the responsibility of the customer to provide the proof of purchase if the receipt is lost eg: credit card statement.
How soon will my refund/exchange be processed?
Your refund/exchange will be processed within 7-10 working days from receipt of returned goods
Do you return Sale Items?
Should you experience a fault or defect with a sale item we will exchange, repair or refund the item providing that the fault or defect was not evident at time of purchase and not the reason the product was discounted in the first place. A refund or exchange is not available on sale items should you simply change your mind.
Where do I return my goods?
478-484 Penshurst St,
Chatswood, NSW, 2067
(02) 9417 7044
Please include a copy of the return/exchange form found here.
Please note: Unless the item is found faulty, all shipping costs are at the sender's expense and must be received unworn and with tags attached. Refunds will be processed within 7-10 days of receipt of the item.