Our Alpine Thermo Bottle is a thermos which has been strategically engineered with an inner chamber surrounded by a very thin vacuum. The construction of this thermos bottle creates a barrier to restrict heat transfer via conduction and convection. In order to reduce radiant heat loss, the inner chamber is copper plated to reflect heat back into your tasty beverage. Additionally, we have injected insulation into the cap to limit heat loss from the top of the bottle. In the harsh conditions of alpine surroundings, weight and ease of use become very important.
We were able to minimize weight by optimizing the thickness of the inner chamber via a process called metal spinning. This thermos is also very simple to open thanks to the use of “grippy” silicone accents and the uniquely designed hexagon shaped cap. A turn of 180 degrees is all that is required to open the bottle and begin decanting. The Alpine Thermo Bottle has been carefully crafted with many subtle design features to facilitate its use in the toughest conditions. One thing is for certain, this is a piece of gear that is truly worthy of the name “Alpine” and Montbell is proud to bring this product to mountaineers for use around the world.
Insulating properties (Measured at room temperature of 18-22 degree Celsius).
- Hot liquid: 95 degree Celsius (After 6 hours – 80 degree Celsius, after 24 hours – 56 degree Celsius).
- Cold liquid: 4 degree Celsius (After 6 hours – 8 degree Celsius, after 24 hours – 11 degree Celsius).
- Outer body: SUS304 stainless steel.
- Inner body: SUS316 stainless steel.
- Outer cap: polypropylene.
- Base cover: silicone.
- Cup cover: silicone.
- Inner cap: polypropylene.
- Seal: silicone.
- Capacity: 0.75 Litres.
- Heat Resistance: Inner Cap; 100 degree Celsius / Outer Cap; 100 degree Celsius / Seal; 150 degree Celsius.
- Cold Resistance: Inner Cap; -20 degree Celsius / Outer Cap; -20 degree Celsius / Seal; -40 degree Celsius.
- Weight: 360 g
- After use, wash and air dry thoroughly. Bottle body is NOT dishwasher-safe. When washing, use lukewarm water and a mild soap.
- Do not sterilize by boiling. High temperatures can cause the parts to warp, which can possibly lead to leaks. Remove and wash the bottom cover and dry thoroughly before replacing. If soiled or wet, it is possible for rusting and mold growth to occur. To not leave submerged in water. Water can fill into cracks, causing rust and the bottle to lose its insulating properties. Do not use paint thinner, benzene, metal scrubbers, metal polish or cleansers. These can cause rusting and damage the bottle. Do not use bleach on the outside of bottle. Can cause the coating and printing on the bottle to peel off. Do not use chlorine bleach outside of bottle. Can cause rusting and the bottle to lose its insulating properties. Use the appropriate cleaning and care methods for the following staining. Find more information on the instruction manual.
Is your site secure?
We take security seriously. We not only have the latest in security Certificates from InstantSSL in the USA but use the latest encryptions for all credit card transactions.
Do you distribute my name and address to any 3rd Party?
Do you accept Credit cards for Australian orders?
Yes. We accept credit cards via the Paypal portal. You do not have to have a Paypal account to use this facility.
What payment do you accept for international orders?
All international orders are paid using PayPal.
What are your freight and handling charges?
Orders under $250.00 AUD to Australian addresses will be charged $9.99 shipping and handling and shipping to New Zealand addresses is $20.00. For orders over $250.00 AUD, shipping is free. Australian Express shipping is available for $15.00 AUD at checkout.
Over sized items may incur an additional charge at checkout.
What is your Return/Exchange Policy?
If you have made an incorrect choice Montbell will exchange or refund regular priced items with proof of purchase within 14 days of the tracked delivery date provided your item(s) are unused, unworn and undamaged and include all original tags, labels and packaging. If the product is not returned within the 14 days there is a 30 day exchange or store credit policy. Any return for reasons of change of mind or size change will be conducted at the customer's expense.
In the unlikely event that you receive an item in your order that is not what you ordered or is faulty please reach out to our customer service team through the online chat, store phone number or visiting us in store and we can facilitate a return.
Can I return my online purchase at one of the stores?
Yes, with proof of purchase, we will gladly exchange, repair or credit any purchase made online at any of our Australian stores within 14 days of purchase.
What if I have lost my receipt?
It is the responsibility of the customer to provide the proof of purchase if the receipt is lost eg: credit card statement.
How soon will my refund/exchange be processed?
Your refund/exchange will be processed within 7-10 working days from receipt of returned goods
Do you return Sale Items?
Should you experience a fault or defect with a sale item we will exchange, repair or refund the item providing that the fault or defect was not evident at time of purchase and not the reason the product was discounted in the first place. A refund or exchange is not available on sale items should you simply change your mind.
Where do I return my goods?
478-484 Penshurst St,
Chatswood, NSW, 2067
(02) 9417 7044
Please include a copy of the return/exchange form found here.
Please note: Unless the item is found faulty, all shipping costs are at the sender's expense and must be received unworn and with tags attached. Refunds will be processed within 7-10 days of receipt of the item.